Oh man – I haven’t done so great. I wish I had done better…but hey, I kept up a blog for longer than I think I ever have, and that’s something! Anyway. For this reflection I’m going to answer the questions in this prompt.
- Why did you start the Post a Day/Week Challenge? I started because I wanted an incentive to write on this blog and keep it going. Too often I stop because I have nothing to write about and things become repetitive – with Post a Day, that issue was eliminated.
- Describe the state of your blog at the time you started the challenge. I started this challenge almost immediately after starting this blow.
- How did your blog evolve over the course of the challenge? It’s hard to gage, considering they both started at the same time. But I’ve had more views and feedback than on any other blog I’ve tried to run, so that’s something.
- Did you post as often as you had hoped? Why or why not? At the moment, I wish I posted more. I think I was doing pretty well though for a while there. I think it’ll go back to normal again once the new semester starts and I’m back into a routine and not bogged down with finals.
- What type of blogging strategy works best for you? What’s a blogging strategy? Under normal circumstances I just post every day via the PAD’11 prompt. I don’t really promote this blog or anything; it’s more for a stress reliever. I do, however, enjoy feedback and seeing the attention it gets. I’ve noticed that my views increase the more consistently I post, so that’ll be something I keep in mind.
- If you could go back to the beginning, what would you do differently? Not much. I would like to answer the questions more in-depth maybe.
- What are you most proud of accomplishing this year? Keeping a blog that actually gets views! Yay!
- Name 3 great blogs you discovered through the challenge. Oh jeez. Anyone who’s commented/followed/liked a post or me has been inspirational to me in keeping this project alive. I’ve looked at all their pages and read up on all of them and I appreciate their blogs and the fact that they took time out of their lives to read what I have to say.
- What surprised you about the challenge? How much I could write about certain things.
- What advice would you give to others who want to blog regularly? Do this challenge! It helps a lot. At first I -just- answered the prompts, but now I’m able to do that AND add little notes about my personal life and not feel as self-centered about having a personal blog.
- What are your blogging goals for 2012? Keep it up!